5.10.00

5.10.2000

Dear friends,

I'm now in a town called Urgup in the central part of Turkey (Cappadocia). This is a quiet, sleepy and dusty little town. Not much to see. I arrived here today but am too tired to go anywhere else. I plan to take a local tour tomorrow but am not really interested. Seems that I have already seen plenty on the ride from the airport to this town. The hotel I'm staying in is a very beautiful cave hotel (very very beautiful and a lot of running hot water). And I can do my laundry using the washing machine here. Don't even want to leave for the tour.

PS - Unfortunately the hotel is some distance from the centre. And the sun is fierce.

PPS - Dared not go out after dark. No dinner. Very miserable. And there's no TV. So I've started to read Edith Wharton's "The House of Mirth". Very enjoyable.

No comments: