3.9.95

3.9.95 (Sun)

I am now on my second flight to Amsterdam. It takes over 13 hours to get there and there are still 11 hours to go. It is awful. My infected eyes are as red as a rabbit's and I dare not even look at myself in the mirror. I am given a window seat but there is, of course, nothing to see at such a height in the sky and also in the middle of the night. The lady sitting beside me seems to be badly in need of sleep so it would be rude for me to disturb her to even get to the toilet. I am practically confined to this damn seat. It is truly awful. I don't know how to get through this ordeal. It is too bright to sleep. I have nothing to cover my eyes. The only good thing is that the seats here on a 747 seem much more comfortable than those of the MD11 which I have just taken to fly to Kuala Lumpur. Plus, this airline provides warm bread. It is disgusting just to think of the cold, hard bread of the British Airways.

I wish I had someone to chat with. I have just realized that I will have no conversation in the coming three weeks. I think, if I had a choice, I would not have chosen to be a lone traveller. It is hard to bear just imagining it. I thought I would be free. But it appears that I will be too free.

Must sleep.

No comments: