5.9.96

5.9.96 (Thu)

I am now in a restaurant near my hotel in Venezia waiting for my food. There is no way of knowing how the food is yet but the service is clearly not very good.

I arrived here early yesterday. The service of the EuroNight train was again as good as I had expected. Clean, comfortable, and breakfast included. It was worth the price.

I couldn't find a hotel here myself so I had to count on the Tourist Office. It has found for me a 3-star hotel at L180,000 per night (i.e. > HKD900) which is almost right next to the station. Maybe I appeared quite well-off. The staff at the Tourist Office asked me right away if I would take a 3-star one and I said yes for I did not want to wait. The hotel is good, with a grand bathroom with gold-coloured taps. But the room is at a wing which is being renovated so the corridors and the hall are dirty and noisy during the day. But the room itself is all right.

No comments: