9.3.08

Soup or Noodles?

One day my beautician told me that a certain brand of instant noodle was very tasty.  I heard it but did not really pay attention.  Then when I was at the supermarktet shopping today, I remembered what she had said and bought what she had mentioned.  It was pricer than what I was used to buying but I didn't mind trying it.

And it was good.  So good that I had to cook myself a second packet. I wrote to my friends immediately recommending the noodles. And guess what the first response was?  It was, "You mean the noodles or the soup base?"  And I was really stunned.  I had never thought that when you said some noodles were good, you had to make a distinction whether it was the soup base that was good, or it was the noodles themselves.  It's like when you eat a piece of cake and you tell your friend that it is good, then your friend asks you, "Do you mean it is the cream that is good? or is it the chocolate? or the fruit in it? or the sponge cake?"

Apparently my taste is not refined enough.

No comments: