23.3.10

1958

Had a meeting today with someone who introduced himself by saying that the first time he visited Hong Kong was in 1958.  And he mentioned Susie Wong.  He was in great shape but one could tell that he was old, seriously.

It just felt strange.

My consultant commented after the meeting that the people we invited were just too old.  But she was like 20 years older than I, and it all felt very strange.  Being middle-aged I keep thinking that I am older than about half of the people I meet (or half of the entire population, really).  I find it hard to adjust to the fact that I am old.   But still I keep working with older people.  I still feel uncomfortable among older people, and I don’t really get the chance to mix with younger people, who I am almost sure would cause me unease …

No comments: