12.9.99

Greece

Dear friend,

Hello. How are you? Are you in Shanghai? Hope you'll check your e-mail. I have sent you a postcard (or two? Don't remember.) from Greece.

I want to thank you for agreeing to bring so many books/VCDs from Shanghai for me. (Disregard the previous sentence if you have not done it/are not going to do it.)

My skin hurts because of all the sunshine. Because I wore a hat that was not wide enough, the lower part of my face has been darkened. To rectify this "dark-mouthed dog" situation, I have determined not to wear a hat at all. It's better to have the whole face darkened.

First I thought that I would not buy anyone any souvenirs because my luggage was full and very heavy. But then I remembered what you bought for me from S. Africa. So I will bring you something too.

Bye for now. XX.

No comments: