29.9.99

Rome

Dear friend,

Don't you surf the net in office to enhance your happiness at work? I vaguely understand your computer problems. But I think everything is fine with your computer now that you have written to me.

Si. Napoli = Naples. I hate that place. Besides what I have said, I was even 'molested'. Don't know if this is the right word. But that guy at the hotel booking service not only booked me into a damned hotel but also touched my face. And it was not pleasant.

I am now at a cybercafe in Roma. This is a grand-looking place inside a museum. Its slogan is 'mouse inside a museum'.

I spent the past three days in Florence doing almost nothing. It was very relaxing and enjoyable because I knew the place and could be very flexible with any plan because I didn't really have plans. The railway workers had a one-day strike - so I called off my plan to a nearby town. No big deal. And Florence is so beautiful - itself like a picture.

I must be having good luck these few days. Men approached me with no reason at all. One in Florence told me twice he owned two shops and offered to be my guide 'purely for friendship'. Another in Roma tried to teach me how to cross the road because it was dangerous and tried to tell me about the history of the monuments on a street (Roma is full of monuments on the streets). How interesting.

I am meeting my friends (the honeymooners) again tonight. I bought them dinner in Switzerland (cheap stuff) and I made them promise me a free dinner in Roma (I expect grand stuff). Ha ha.

I've bought you a swiss army knife. Write to you later. Bye now.

No comments: